The interkit Authoring System interface
The top bar and right sidebar
- On the top left, when managing and creating projects, it says interkit.
Later, it tells you which project you are editing.
- On the far right, the user icon activates the user sidebar. It lets you log out, shows you information about your user and the project.
- On the right, you can control the right pane. Switch between
- Preview – an interactive simulation/view of your app.
- Docs – you can read the documentation while working on your app.
- Logs – shows you what the project server is doing.
- When you’re editing a project you can switch between the main tabs in the center, as described below.
The Project tab contains administative information and settings about your project. In the sidebar, there are several sections:
- Start - show a welcome message, that you can customize by editing the file `src/project.md“
- Users - show a list of users
- Messages - manage chat messages
- Schedule - track scheduled messages that will be sent later
- Repository - manage and edit the files in your project
- Settings - general settings and import/export of media
Three tabs in the main area:
- blockly: Build the interface of your app from components. Browse components in the left sidebar, drag and drop them in the main area; they will snap into slots. Each block has some properties/settings visible immediately; others can be edited by clicking the table icon on a block.
- App.svelte shows you the generated code. You don’t need to and can’t edit it.
- actions.js lets you implement advanced behaviors.
Sheets hold list (or tabular) data for your app, which you can reference in blockly components and in code.
When you have created a sheet, use the ⋮ menu of the table to add columns. Each column has a type, e.g. String (for text), image or location (for maps).
After you have created some columns (and thus the structure of you app’s data), add rows, which hold the actual data. Each row represents one “entry” or “item”. Click the new row’s cells to enter the data. The column’s type will determine how you enter it, e.g. an image can be selected from the media you upload in the Media tab.
Under the Project tab you upload images, audio and video files for your app, to reference them in blockly components, Sheets or in code.
You also manage and moderate User generated media that has been submitted by users of your app.
See the Media tutorial for details.
Build complex interactions that can be expressed by narrative flow concepts, e.g. chat bots.
See Getting started with Chatbots for more.
This area allows you to modify style variables that change the appearance of your app. You can also select predefined themes.
See Changing the appearance of your App for more.