Creating and Managing Projects
Exploring existing projects on the server
The home screen in the interkit authoring system shows two tabs: Projects and Templates.
- Projects are the projects created by your team on the server
- Templates are examples and starting points for projects included as part of interkit
For each project or template, you can tap on Preview to load it in the preview section on the right. Make sure you have selected the Preview tab on the top right.
Creating a new project
You have several options to create a new project.
- duplicate an existing project or template using the ⋮ menu in the list
- use the create project wizard to create a new project (from scratch, by importing or by basing it off of a template)
The ⋮ menu contains further options:
- rename your project
- delete your project
- determine if your project should be a template (this is only available to admin users)
Editing a project
Tap on Edit to open projects from your project tab.
Tab on Inspect to open templates from template tab. They will open in a read only mode, where you cannot make changes but look up how they are constructed.
See the Interface Tour for more information about editing projects.
Make a project the default project on the server
In the Project tab in the Settings section, you can set your project to be the default project on this server. This means that users will be able to reach it as a PWA under a simpler url.
You can set project to default at any time, this is useful for example when you want to show a preview message at the main url before launching the full app to the public.